Friday, February 24, 2006

Long Time, No Speak

Hey hey hey,
It's been a while I know, what's been going on I hear you ask?

just the usual; lessons learned, bridges burned, bosses spurned and lucre earned :)

It's a sleepy Friday afternoon in the public service, the office is so quiet you could hear my pants drop, so what better time than now to get on my electron-soapbox and get some shit off my chest.
I got a new job, I really had to leave my old one, thanks to a fat self-important wanker that was my boss. As the rest of the stallions will testify this job nearly drove me to breaking point.. I'm glad I'm clear of that environment, because things could easily have got very messy.... career-endingly messy.

But you get that.

Although there was one upside... this guy was the kind of guy that would explode when he got angry, he really hadtrouble controlling it, so it turned into a little bit of a game to make him snap in the end. I could say some loaded comments here and there and watch his face go red with rage and veins pop out of his forehead, and the best bit, he had this twitch thing going on where his neck would twitch repeatedly when he was angry and his fat head and double chin would wobble from side to side... funny stuff.

But anyway, aside from that things have been dandy. I managed to squeeze in a couple of trips back to Adelaide for christmas and the Big Day Out which were amazing as per usual... envelopes pushed, lines crossed, weeks that turned into days, usual shit. And up until now 2006 has been reasonably uneventful... let's hope thingsdon't stay that way.

A short one I know, but it's Friday arvo and the pub is calling... adios!

P.S ooh I forgot... LDK cut off his samson locks and the result is HOT... he looks like Ted Danson, a stallion of the old-school :)

2 Comments:

At 27/2/06 14:22, Blogger Fist said...

nice post FB. I have also as of this morning moved on from the Tuggers office of CIH. It was to be something of merriment and joy, however there is a touch of doom and gloom in my new office. I hear you say..how could this be so when the Kingo is but a walk across the road. Have not quite figured it out myself but I shall get the bottom of it. I must say I do miss the fantastic rolls made by muffage and the service provided by the twins. I'm sure if they moved their store north then morale would be much better around here.

 
At 1/3/06 19:38, Blogger Debsie said...

Hehe nice spiel man, I can't say I've ever experienced the bad boss thing yet. Not when most of my performance reviews consisted of going down the Aft and spending the afternoon drinking copious amounts of red wine (RIP Trace) or sitting back and listening to some crazy old guy (a man who hired us all nonetheless) go into detail about his colorectal examinations and how painful it was taking a piss after his internal penis hairs were turned upside down. Hehe in the end these sessions were probably justified though because the vast majority of our so called PSA's are just pure fluff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home