Friday, December 29, 2006

The New Traveller Add

Waking up Christmas day, and sporting the nastiest hangover from the night before, I wasn’t in much of a mood to revel in the spirit of our fine religious holiday much less make nice with the relatives and ugly in-laws.

What was I to do? I needed an escape plan and stat. Fortunately for me, my brother was rostered on to do surf lifesaving duties down at the beach for most of the day...so I joined in on the fun.

What was meant to be just another boring Christmas day turned out to be a day I won’t soon forget as I met Golie! (Aptly named because spit forms round the outside of his mouth when he talks) He’s a 60yr old ex Iron Man champion who’s still the Australian champion and record holder for his age group. Hanging around this guy is like sitting round a camp fire listening to Ray Martin tell stories…I’m seriously considering joining the surf club just so I can bask in Golie’s heavenly glory and ask him what it feels like to have guys like Trevor Hendy, Darren and Dean Mercer look up to you.


You can’t see much from the vid, but Golie gives us the maddest thumbs up of all time as he drives off with the quad to get us some meat pies...or 'travellers'.



Oh yeah and my bro rescued some Asian swimmers wearing pairs of Poindexters old bodgy smugglers. Hehe I didn’t know you sold those puppies on eBay already! I would’ve paid a small fortune for em Dex.

2 Comments:

At 5/1/07 07:06, Blogger Attica Wolfcastle, Esq. said...

Is it really Christmas if it isn't snowing? Is it really?

(Answer: HELL YES, you lucky bastards.)

 
At 21/1/07 20:35, Blogger Fist said...

Travellers by the beach...

Wait til parko hears about this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home