Monday, July 30, 2007

Maccas ad inspires false hope

I decided to do a real world test on the maccas ad where the dudes alarm goes off at 1025am and he jumps fences and dodges cars etc to get some breaky by 1030.

Seeing my fitness was down a bit and I was in unfamiliar territory, I set off at 1010am....time seemed to pass at a rapid rate and new bends and turns seemed to appear where they had not existed previously, but finally by 1026am I had spotted the famed golden arches in the distance. A couple of near misses from cars unaware of my predicament and I was hurdling the last fence with one last check of my watch....1029am, I had done the unthinkable.....hotcakes would be mine.

If only life were so simple...as I sauntered up to the counter the first bout of panic hit me for the bacon and egg muffins and hash browns on the menu were changing into burgers and fries. I still had hope, surely at 1030 on the dot they don't suddenly throw all their breakfast food away....it had been a long journey and a burger for Sunday breakfast was just not gonna do it for me. Then hope just about faded completely, the cheery girl serving the person next to me announced that breakfast was OVER....just like that, no 2minute warning, things were over and there was nothing she could do about it.

I was upset but I had to find out for myself. My turn to be served and with my heart pounding I inquired if they had any hotcakes left.......now I was in quite a state at this point as I probably looked like some kind of junkie looking for a free handout.......with a slight look of panic on his face, the dude behind the counter glanced around furtively and delivery the news that the hotcakes were in fact all over. Distressed, I settled for an orange juice and left the restaurant to regather my thoughts, it had all been for nothing....wasted exercise, energy and hope, they couldn't deliver and I was finished.

Now I would like to deliver a happy ending but unfortunately there was none....I simply write this to inform you all to not believe everything you see on television, especially McDonald's advertising...I hope you never have to experience what I went through....

1 Comments:

At 3/12/07 17:38, Blogger Attica Wolfcastle, Esq. said...

I'm reminded of that seminal feat of American cinema, "Groundhog's Day," in which the incomparable protagonist played by the awe-inspiring Bill Murray inquires this of the unsuspecting police officer:

"Is it too early for flapjacks?"

Except in your case it was the opposite end of the flapjack serving time continuum. Point being, we Americans, as you Aussies are like, are united by our unflinching love of that singular delicious breakfast miracle that defies boundary and cultural restriction.

I speak, of course, of the pancake.

The pancake.

Oh...
Hi boys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home